Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Review: Rimmel London Apocalips


Hello lovelies!
These little beauties have been all over the interwebs. They are the new Rimmel London Apocalips.








I have the colours 'Celestial' (pinky nude colour) and 'Big Bang' (bright red)

They are a lip lacquer, they have a creamy consistency, and amazing pigmentation. I first brought 'Celestial' and it is the most amazing minky pink colour, i always gravitate towards this dusty rose colour when ever I buy new lip colours and must have over 10 of a very similar colour but I just love it. My perfect 'your lips but better' colour. I wear it during the day with just a touch of mascara and some blush, and also out at night with  lots of contour and a dark smoky eye. 

I brought 'big bang' today when in superdrug (a girl can never resist those 3 for 2 offers!). When I saw it I just imagined wearing it with a totally monochrome outfit so it adds that pop of colour we all want. It's definitely an oh la la look at me type shade, soooo bright! Although, I probably won't get too much wear out of it. A night in with a hot chocolate and a good TV show is more my style, and I don't think the TV will appreciate my statement lip as much as a night out on the town, but hey, I could give it a go!




The applicator itself has a little dippy hole thing in the middle which picks up the product. I find I can apply all the product i need in just one sweep of the brush!




Left; Big Bang. Right; Celestial
Look how amazing they look!!!!!


Above: Big Bang.      Below: Celestial


As much as I love these products, I can't see myself getting as much use out of them as I do my Revlon Lip Butters. They are very slippy slidy and I think that if i wore them out then they might just end up all over my face. However, if you blot them out a little bit they turn in to a stain and last a really long time with the colour pay off still there. 

All in all, a winner! Rimmel are on a roll at the moment!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment